Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author(s). All reports must be based on work that has already been completed. No studies "in progress" will be accepted. Any established research design or method may be used.
Language: All abstracts are to be written in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts where the English structure makes comprehension difficult.
Submission: All abstracts must be submitted via the abstract portal on the website. This should be limited to a maximum of 250 words and should include the following:
- Title of abstract
- Authors: Surname, Initials1., Surname, Initials2., Surname, Initials3 etc
- Affiliations: 1 Affiliation, 2 Affiliation, 3 Affiliation etc
- The abstract must include the following headings clearly:
- Background: Place the question addressed in a broad context and highlight the purpose of the study;
- Methods: Describe briefly the main methods or treatments applied;
- Results: Summarize the article's main findings; and
- Conclusion: Indicate the main conclusions or interpretations (Please provide evidence of ethical approval and funding acknowledgements if any)
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- You will be notified of receipt of your abstract by email. If you do not receive an email within two weeks of submittal or have any additional queries please contact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for abstracts: 16 February 2020
- Last date for submission of abstract: 15 October 2020
Abstracts will be evaluated through a blind review process and scored based upon the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference topics
- Relevance / interest to the nutrition community
- Scientific merit of research ( including methodological rigor and contemporary contribution to knowledge)
- Quality, clarity and completeness of abstracts
Poster Presentation Specifications:
- Information should be summarized using brief written statements, graphic materials, such as photographs, charts, graphs, and diagrams mounted on standard size poster boards (84 cm X 110 cm), pins or other mounting materials will be supplied.
- Authors must prepare all posters beforehand in a form enabling easy mounting.
- Poster orientation must be portrait. Clear labels must be used for each section of the poster. Text should be of sufficient size for easy reading at a distance of 1.5 meter (between 16-20 points).
- Title must be displayed clearly at the top of the poster and should include the names of the author(s) and the institution(s) of origin
Display and Presentation:
- Poster presenters are responsible for mounting and taking down their poster during the conference.
- Designated times for poster presentations will be incorporated into the conference.
- Poster presenters should be available to discuss their posters with the conference participants during these periods and during the coffee breaks.
- Depending upon the number of poster presentations accepted, posters may be on display throughout the conference.
Terms and Conditions
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision about the abstract acceptance and its scheduling into the program based on topics and time constraints.
- The language of the conference is English.
- All abstracts must be prepared using the poster presentation submission guidelines.
- Each presenter may submit a maximum of two (2) abstracts.
- Each abstract submission must indicate if the material was published or presented in any prior conferences or if it received any awards.
- All presenters must register to attend the conference within a maximum of 1 week of acceptance of the abstract and be present at the time of the conference.
- A certificate of appreciation will be given to all the presenters to honor their presentation.
- Presenters must not use the session as a marketing opportunity for products\equipment
- Fee or payment of travel /living expenses or registration charges will not be provided.