Emirates Clinical Nutrition Society (ECNS)
The Emirates Clinical Nutrition Society (ECNS) is a non-profit medical society established in 2016 under the auspices of the Emirates Medical Association, by the effort of a group of clinical nutritionists concerned in the management and amelioration of nutrition & diet, and wellbeing of communities in the United Arab Emirates.
The Society serves to conduct continuing professional development activities that will enable nutritionists to update their knowledge and provide a common platform to network. Therefore, improving the scientific output and performance of the members.
The Emirates Clinical Nutrition Society aims to reform the lifestyle of communities in the UAE in order to increase productivity and encourage communities to actively promote healthy living. Hence, the Emirates Clinical Nutrition is the embodiment of Prevention is better than Cure.
- Improving the scientific output and performance of the members
- Provide an opportunity for nutritionist and dietitians to contribute to the movement of scientific congress
- Raise the level of performance in health specialties
- Contribute to improving the criteria and standards of practice within the profession and advance levels of health awareness among public
Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society (APCNS)
The Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society (APCNS) is an affiliated body of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS), established in 1981, Australia. Possible activities of Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society (APCNS) may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Promoting the education and training of clinical nutritionists and dieticians in the region.
- Enhancing the practice of human nutrition and related disciplines in their application to health and the prevention of disease.
- Providing a network of people who practice scientifically based clinical nutrition.
- Curriculum development which will contribute to the academic and professional development (dieticians and nutritionists) of the Asia Pacific region.
- Developing regional working parties to achieve standardization in nutrition assessment methodology, protocols for clinical management, ethical standards, and policies for practice.
- Organizing regular scientific meetings in the Asia Pacific region including the "Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition".
- Exchange of teaching, research, administrative and professional personnel relating to clinical nutrition.
- Communicating advanced clinical nutrition research via the APCNS official journal "Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition".
- Stimulating scientific inquiry into nutrition in medical practice in all of its dimensions, including preventive and management of diseases.